Too often we settle just to say we have something or someone. We settle because it’s comfortable and convenient. Both men and women settle. When you settle you’re doing yourself a disservice.
I seen a caption on social media over the weekend that made me think about how much we as people settle in life. Settle because we’re afraid, settle because it’s a routine, settle because it seems to just “work”.
When it comes to dating and being in relationships we settle because we don’t want to start over. We hold on to the fact that we invested years into this person or career and we don’t want to feel like it was all for nothing but in reality it’s a stepping stone to someone or something greater and it’s also a lesson learned.
Heres what we need to do, first off we need to he real with ourselves. Take a step back and reevaluate everything we have on our plate and throw out what’s not good for our soul.
Anyone in your life should add value to it and help you elevate and it should be vice versa.
Things to say to yourself to help you get out of any toxic situation and rid yourself of the negativity.
- Single until the right man/woman comes along and I am ready for that person. See if you have to match the standards that you set for that person. You want a good person who has their sh*t together but are you working on making yourself a better person?
- Your time will come. Whether it’s being married, having children, getting that promotion, if you remain true to you and put in the work it will come.
- Focus on your brand. Work on your credit. Remain focused. It’s easy to become distracted and off track and you forget about the goals at hand that you set for yourself. Don’t like other people consume you and suck out all the energy in you that you don’t have any energy to work on your brand.
- Focus on you. Dont let social media make you feel like you should be at a certain place in your life at a certain age
- It’s a marathon not a race. We all have this idea that certain things have to be by a certain age. It’s never too late to accomplish any goal! Stay in your lane and focus on you and don’t worry about the next person. Don’t compare your caterer or relationship to someone else. Be your own relationship goals.
- Never Settle. Don’t stay in toxic situations because you are comfortable or you’re afraid to start over. It doesn’t matter how many years you invested if it’s not making you happy if it’s not making you a better person cut ties.
- Don’t allow people from the outside to dictate how you move with any relationship. It’s easy for people to say what they would do in a situation until they are in that situation.
People say never take relationship advice from a single person…well the coach never gets in the game, right?
As for me, no I don’t “plan” to be single forever but I don’t want just anybody in my life just to say I have someone. As you get older and you experience life and you see things around you, it makes you that much clear on what you want and don’t want.