First Monday Workout of 2017 | Fitness

Happy Monday. Hope you’ve all started day 2 of 365 off to a good start towards your goals. We all know the gym tends to be at capacity when the new year rolls around. That’s not a bad thing if you’ve added fitness to your 2017 goals , get it.

I work out at 5:30am three days a week and I go to work 9am – 6pm Monday through Friday. My days tend to be long but working out gives me that extra energy I need , along with a good breakfast.

Being as though this is the first Monday of the new year I woke up determined to work towards achieving my fitness goal. I have three months until my birthday and this summer I want to be in a bikini and not sucking in my stomach.

For 60 minutes my trainer yelled out to me positive comments while I struggled to finish the last sets of each circuit. One thing he said that pushed me:

When you came to me you said you wanted to workout and blog and make a living out it. This year will be even better and I’m going to help you accomplish that. He said when you came to me you told me your fitness goals and I told you I’m going to hold you accountable.

I am proud of myself for sticking with my trainer and remaining consistent. So for the next three months I am doing a low carb diet. My goals never included losing weight but it included toned legs, and defined abs. Working out is only 20% , the other 80% is eating right. My daily calorie intake is 2100. I use the my fitness pal app to record my daily meals, from breakfast , lunch, dinner , snacks, exercise and water intake.

I wanted to share with you today’s workout.

5 minute warm up:

  • 10 each leg fire hydrants
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 30 high knees
  • 10 squats

Lateral raises 15 x3

Squats 15 x4

Squat jumps 15 x4 10lbs 

Lunges 20lbs 10 each leg x3

Followed by step ups holding the 20lbs 10 each leg

Followed by 100 turns on the jump rope. 

Fire hydrants 12 each leg x3

3 workouts , 2 circuits x10. This isn’t easy and I don’t take much breaks in between sets. My trainer allows 1 minute break before you start the next circuit and quick water breaks in between.

I want to continue to inspire you , motivate you to add working out to your daily life. Any questions, tips, feel free to comment below.

Thanks for reading.

Hey love, thanks for reading I would love to know your thoughts on this post. Comment below!

%d bloggers like this: